For the second consecutive year, Best Lawyers in America has named Alan Grochal the 2017 “Lawyer of the Year” in Baltimore for his bankruptcy litigation practice. Mr. Grochal has been named continuously to the Best Lawyers list since 2009 for his bankruptcy/creditors’ rights practice.
Mr. Grochal also received recognition in the 2016 edition of Chambers USA for his bankruptcy/restructuring practice. In 2015, the Global M&A Network selected Mr. Grochal as a finalist in “Small Mid Markets Cross Border Distressed M&A Deal of the Year” at its Turnaround Atlas Awards, which honors the global restructuring and turnaround communities for his work in a complex Chapter 11 proceeding.
Best Lawyers also recognizes five other Tydings' partners for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® 2017.
- Scott Patrick Burns: Mass Tort Litigation/Class Actions and Product Liability Litigation Defense.
- William W. Carrier, III: Commercial Litigation, Employment Law-Management, and Labor Law-Management.
- Mark D. Dopkin: Real Estate Law.
- John B. Isbister: Commercial Litigation, Mass Tort Litigation/Class Actions and Product Liability Litigation Defense.
- William C. Sammons: Commercial Litigation.
This peer-based selection of these lawyers showcases Tydings’ local litigation experience in the areas of appellate cases, commercial litigation, bankruptcy and creditors’ rights, products liability defense, class action/mass torts, antitrust litigation, and family law; as well as the firm’s corporate experience in real estate.
Tydings is a Maryland-based law firm serving clients throughout the mid-Atlantic region. The firm provides legal services in a variety of areas, including bankruptcy and creditors’ rights, corporate, business and tax, commercial litigation, IP, real estate, estates and trusts, and family law.