Keri is a partner in the firm’s labor and employment and family law practices, and its litigation department.
In her labor and employment practice, she counsels small and medium-sized companies on a wide range of labor, employment, and immigration matters arising in the employment relationship, such as:
- employee handbook review, compliance and policy guidance;
- COVID-19 policy development and compliance;
- hiring, disciplinary action, and termination of employment;
- disability accommodation, religious accommodation, FMLA and other leave practices;
- unemployment; wage and hour compliance; and
- discrimination, harassment, retaliation.
She writes frequently on legal developments of interest to our business clients.
In her immigration practice, she drafts and files petitions for H-1B non-immigrant workers, manages the PERM process, drafts and files immigrant petitions for alien workers, and advises employers about work authorization, I-9 compliance, and other employment-related immigration matters.
In her family law practice, she performs a wide range of counseling and litigation services, including those related to:
- All parts of divorces;
- Custody and visitation disputes;
- Alimony and child support;
- Division of marital property and monetary awards;
- Protective and peace orders;
- Pre-nuptial and post-nuptial agreements;
- Separation, marital settlement, and parenting agreements;
- All aspects of separation and divorce for same-sex couples;
- Adoptions; and
She regularly handles cases in which custody, visitation rights, alimony, child support, and division of assets are in dispute. She negotiates separation and property settlement agreements that involve the financial aspects of divorces.
A trial attorney as well as a negotiator, Keri has tried numerous family law cases throughout Maryland. She co-authored an appellate brief on several complex family law issues and subsequently argued before the Maryland Court of Special Appeals.
Prior to entering private practice, Keri was a law clerk for The Honorable Timothy J. Doory, Judge of the Circuit Court for Baltimore City.
In 2022, she was selected as a Super Lawyers Rising Star. This peer designation is awarded only to a select number of accomplished attorneys in each state. The Rising Stars selection process considers peer recognition, professional achievement in legal practice, and other cogent factors.
In 2021, The Daily Record named her to its VIP (Very Important Professionals Successful by 40) list. This award recognizes professional accomplishments, community service, and a commitment to inspiring change.
In 2020, the Marian House appointed Keri to its board of directors. She also serves on its advancement committee and served as co-chair of its 5K event.
She is an active member of the American Bar Association and previously served on the CLE Committee and co-chaired the Child Support Committee of the Family Law Section. She is also a member of the Maryland State, Baltimore City, and Baltimore County Bar Associations as well as the American Immigration Lawyers Association.
- University of Baltimore School of Law (J.D., 2013)
- Towson University (B.A., 2009)
- State of Maryland
- U.S. District Court, District of Maryland
- Marian House, Board of Directors, 2020-, Advancement Committee, 2018-, co-chair 5K, 2018-2019
- American Bar Association, Family Law Section, co-vice chair, Child Support Committee, 2020-2021; CLE Committee, 2019-2021
- Bar Association of Baltimore City
- Baltimore County Bar Association
- Maryland State Bar Association
- American Immigration Lawyers Association
- Women's Bar Association of Maryland, Board of Directors-Howard County Chapter, 2018-2020